Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve was a bit different for me than other years past. I have been doing wash for it seems like two weeks straight just trying to keep up but I think I still did wash all day on Christmas Eve. The kids were a bit curious as to why I was doing laundry on Christmas Eve but I kept telling them that I didn't want to do any more wash during the break. Later that evening we ran a few more goodies around to some of our friends and neighbors, I didn't get to half of the people I wanted to this year but next year I will be better organized. We then came back home and usually our traditional dinner is steak and shrimp but tonight we had appetizers for dinner. Everything was different this year. We spent time reading Christmas stories and tracking Santa and realized that he was very close so we fixed Santa his traditional Egg Nog and chex mix and went out and fed Santa's reindeer so they would not be hungry and could have enough energy to make the rest of their trip and the kids were off to bed. (Well not really because they all had to come out and use the bathroom.) It has been a different Christmas this year and I did miss doing all of the traditions that we have done in the past but time and money did not allow it this year. Here are a few pictures of Christmas Eve after Santa had come. It looks like Santa brought Graci her Polly Pockets that she had been asking for.Hannah had a hard time knowing what she wanted for Christmas but decided on The Little Pet Shop house and it looks like that is just what Santa brought her. Hattie got a new Kit Kitterage DS game and the new David Archeleta CD. Riley and Layton both wanted new Hoodies so Santa brought Riley a North Carolina one and Layton a Texas one. Christmas Eve is always a fun time for Torrey and I to see what Santa has brought and to spend a little time together reflecting on the past year and the blessings that we have received over the year. I know both of us look forward to this time. CHRISTMAS IS SUCH A MAGICAL TIME IF YOU BELEIVE!!! Merry Christmas to Everyone.

No comments: