Friday, January 2, 2009

Hix Annual Christmas Party

I know that I am way behind. So much has happened. We have traveled many miles in the last week and a half and I believe that we are all exhausted. I am taking a few minutes to download pictures and videos and will slowly get back up to speed but for now, we traveled to Idaho Falls last Sunday night for the Annual Hix Christmas Party and arrived just before. Yummy appetizers were served by everyong bringing there favorites, then there were songs sung, stories told, the Christmas story re-enacted by the grandkids, and gifts shared by eachother. Every year after we return from Grandma and Grandpa's house, I wonder, "Who needs Santa when you have Grandma & Grandpa." We all get very spoiled. It is so much fun and awesome to be togther. I know that as long as there is a Hix Christmas Party, our children will always be a part. They would not stand for it other wise. Our trip is always a fast and exhausting one as Torrey is always right in the height of the season. We had to get up the next morning early and travelel back home. The usual four and a half hour drive took us about seven hours as the weather was horrible. I was amazed as the only good roads were those we crossed over the Wyoming border in Evanston. Blizzard after blizzard after blizzard. These are just a couple of shots
I later heard that they closed the road not long after that. Thank You
Torrey for getting us home safely. You are amazing!

We only have a couple of days to get ready for Christmas and Surprises are in store.


WE HOPE EVERYONE HAS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Young Family Adventures said...

You are back.. I am so excited to read about the rest of your adventures & surprises!! Welcome home!! :)

The "Hix" Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.